Monday, June 25, 2007

4-H Exploration Days


4-H Exploration Days Group
Originally uploaded by MinimalistFan.
One of my great pleasures as a pigeon fancier is to get to share my birds with others. And the icing on the cake, so to speak, is to share them with young people. I had the privilege again this year of teaching a session at the Michigan 4-H Exploration Days in East Lansing. And I was lucky enough to get a great group of kids to work with and an excellent assistant, Janine. It's truly an extra special pleasure to be able to talk to smart kids that ask me good questions that keep me on my toes as a pigeon fancier trying to tell others about my hobby. Kudos to all the kids for making the session as much fun for me as I hope it was for all of them. I had a BLAST!

By the way, Janine took the pictures--all of which you can see here.

No comments: